Excited to be here (intro)

Greetings! I figure it’s about time I introduce myself. I’m glyph, also known as mycognosist :wave:

I’m currently based in //Hui !Gaeb (also known as Cape Town) in South Africa. I first became interested in mycology during my undergraduate studies in anthropology (thanks largely to Terence and Paul) and started hobbyist cultivation in 2009. Since then I have slowly developed my theoretical knowledge and practical skills - primarily relating to edible and medicinal species.

I spent 2015 travelling in South America - volunteering on permaculture and mushrooms farms. In 2016 I co-founded Harmonic Mycology, a mycology business based in Cape Town, and served as Creative Director until leaving to pursue personal and collective projects in 2020. During the past few years I have developed mycelial medicines, cultivated edible and medicinal fungi and taught workshops on mushroom cultivation, biomaterials and medicinal fungi. My mycological work is now focused on encouraging the formation of humyn-fungal networks and practicing low-tech, ecologically-integrated cultivation.

It’s a pleasure to be here and to share in this mycological journey with you all! Please don’t be shy to say “hi”. I’m looking forward to getting to know those who come to engage here :vulcan_salute:

5 Likes