Hey everyone I really want to share this with you.
I’m super happy that my tempeh worked out because I thought I had ruined it. But no! It’s incredibly tasty and wasn’t even much work. Thank you @Jana for sharing your starter with me!
I followed this recipe, replacing beans with peas. I thought I had not cooked them enough but it worked out just fine. Next time I will cook them about 50 min. This time it was about 40 min.
I used about 2 cups (=235 ml) worth of dried organic peas. Followed everything as specified.
My incubation chamber is an old fridge I fished off the street and cleaned thoroughly with H2O2 and 70% isopropanol. I’ll do it once more with bleach once I bought some, to be sure.
There is no temperature control in there, I just added a bit of boiling water to raise the temperature in the beginning - didn’t really think it would work all that well! haha
Here are the pictures after about 36h.