Hej peeps, another experiment of mine… I thought why growing fruiting bodies?! So much climate control and shit. So I did experiments with different grains, strains, containers and marinades. The results/findings where:
- Fungal enzymes are quite bitter and you can’t seperate them from the cake. Having the cultivation running for too long results in quite bitter taste.
- Shapes wise the petris dishes served well and cakes where easy to remove.
- The cakes sucked the marinades in pretty well - I tried smoked flavours and well as barbeque and other stuff - after frying the taste was like bread. So preparation is easy.
- Nutritionwise - I never assesed wether this method provides any advantage to eating the grain straight?!
- Tastewise - I think there is lots of improvement possible. Tuning cultivation time, substrate and marinade could end up in something tasty.
- Texture was meaty/bready haha
Hope you enjoyed my trials. (Quite a while ago that I did them)