Hyphal Fusion Network
Code of Conduct
- We are committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for all regardless of level of experience, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, personal appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, age, religion or nationality. We center the voices of marginalized people and actively seek to moderate against behavior which reinforces oppression.
- Please avoid using overtly sexual aliases or other nicknames that might detract from a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for all.
- Please be kind and courteous. There’s no need to be mean or rude.
- Respect that people have differences of opinion and that every technique or method carries a trade-off and numerous costs. There are many paths to be explored when practicing mycology; celebrate the process of experimentation and learning.
- Please keep unsolicited critique to a minimum. If you have solid ideas you want to experiment with, make a thread of your own and share your findings.
- We will exclude you from interaction if you insult, demean or harass anyone. That is not welcome behavior. In particular, we don’t tolerate behavior that excludes people in socially marginalized groups.
- Private harassment is also unacceptable. No matter who you are, if you feel you have been or are being harassed or made uncomfortable by a community member, please contact one of Hyphal Fusion Network moderation team immediately. If you feel a post has violated our code of conduct, please flag it for a member of the moderation team to handle. Whether you’re a regular contributor or a newcomer, we care about making this community a safe place for you and we’ve got your back.
- Spamming, trolling, flaming, baiting or other attention-stealing behavior is not welcome.
These are the policies for upholding our community’s standards of conduct. If you feel that a thread needs moderation, please contact the Hyphal Fusion Network moderation team.
- Remarks that violate the Hyphal Fusion Network standards of conduct, including hateful, hurtful, oppressive, or exclusionary remarks, are not allowed.
- Remarks that moderators find inappropriate, whether listed in the code of conduct or not, are also not allowed.
- Moderators will first respond to such remarks with a warning.
- If the warning is unheeded, the user will be “silenced” for a pre-determined period based on the severity of the offense, i.e., prevented from posting or starting topics (a cool-off period).
- If the user comes back and continues to make trouble, they will be banned, i.e., indefinitely excluded through account suspension (prevents use login).
- Moderators may choose at their discretion to un-ban the user if it was a first offense and they offer the offended party a genuine apology.
- If a moderator bans someone and you think it was unjustified, please take it up with that moderator, or with a different moderator, in private. Complaints about bans in-channel are not allowed.
- Moderators are held to a higher standard than other community members. If a moderator creates an inappropriate situation, they should expect less leeway than others.
These community guidelines have been adapted from the Code of conduct for the Rust programming language.