How often should I ran the ventilation?

Hello everyone! I’m very new to this and I’m planning to do a little growing in my room. I’m thinking to build a growing tent with size of 69x49x160 with 3 shelves. The question I got now is if I have to be running the ventilation all the time or how often should I run it? The reason is that I live in a one room apartment and I don’t want to be hearing the fan noise all the time. Is there any model that is less noise or completely silent and cheap? Please let me know if u guys know any! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

hi @Kentasaha, welcome!

I remember @Lando once sharing some calculations about exactly how much air exchange is ideal for a fruiting chamber of oyster mushrooms in terms of fan speed and how big the tent is, but I forget exactly.

in a fruiting chamber that is larger than that, we had a powerful fan which we ran for 15 minutes every hour or so. there are definitely different timing systems you could try, besides just running it all the time. we experimented with different ways of doing the timing, but power timers work pretty well (when they don’t break!), like this for example for a digital one (https://www.amazon.com/Techbee-Countdown-Programmalbe-Electrical-Appliances/dp/B086DN9QT3/ref=sr_1_5?crid=292LO4ZA5P7JE&keywords=power%2Btimer&qid=1653573282&sprefix=power%2Bti%2Caps%2C501&sr=8-5&th=1). one could imagine experimenting with different timing patterns…

depending on what type of mushrooms you are growing, for completely silent and cheap, could also try growing in a monotub (a platic box with holes in it)

I’m currently in the process of trying to grow reishi mushrooms in a monotub

I hope some of this helps!